Sunday 22 September 2013

THE TIMELINE

26th April 2013

As we say 13 is not a lucky number, I get in this email is true. Adelle's MRI results were devastating and i was not expecting regrowth so soon, she was doing so well. Anyway now it is a matter of enjoying the time we have. She's now off the clinical trial and her appetite is amazingly back very quickly. i guess she's rediscovered the art of eating again, lol.

Now an update of the last few weeks:

1. Mothers day, I was spoiled rotten. It all started with a pampering morning in her class where she gave me a hand wash massage, followed by moisturiser, cakes and juice. i should be having these treats everyday...lol. Sunday i woke up to a beautiful bunch of roses and perfumes, then a beautiful lunch which she helped daddy prepared. That Arvo (afternoon) we went to the movies and watched "Escaped from planet earth". She was so excited.

2. In the school holidays we spent a night in the Wyndham hotel in Perth, just the two of us. There was a massive Jaccuzi, in the room and I think we spent over an hour in there watching Tom and Jerry. Then it was dinner at Nando's and she loved the BBQ chicken. She had a few play dates, sleepovers with Anahera and sometimes Anahera's little sister over. they normally have a blast and goes through the playroom like a tornado, they would perform shows exactly like in the schools assembly and bake cupcakes. what fun...

Can you find Adelle? 5th from the right.
3. At school she's enjoying every minutes of it. Last week it was her class's turn to present at assembly. "life of the Caterpillar" was the story. We spent time on Sunday making a salami out of cardboard box. in the end mummy did most of the colouring in.  She had her line to say "one slice of salami" and did very well saying it. My camera did not do a very good job unfortunately. The school recently got two calves which she enjoyed feeding them after school on one occasion. Thanks Deb for taking her there. Last Friday she had cross country and she was able to run the whole course, i missed the run by 10 minutes unfortunately. oh well.... However the previous day (Thursday) she requested that i be a parent helper in her class. As i had a DOTT and have completed all my prep, I went to listen to her classmates read. Wow these little six-year- olds reads very well. Then we had a science lesson, mums favourite subject, and we had a look at earthworm using magnifying glass. The discovery was just great. They got to draw what they think earthworm looks like and then had a closer look. It was a fantastic morning and I hope to do it again next week.

4. On Friday she was given a school's netball dress for netball on Saturdays (yesterday) from Mrs Peters and Mrs Green, her educational assistants. Thank you girls, you're awesome. she's been training the girls with me during the week and attend the games on Saturday and now she looks just like on of the girls. she was very proud to wear her dress and as soon as we hit the court she wanted to shoot two goals. And she did it of course, obviously she's sporty just like her mum "used" to be. Hahaha.

Her birthday is coming soon 12th June, and we are planning a kids party at the Country life farm in Doungsborough, on Sunday 9th from 11am to 2pm. if you got this email, you are invited of course, just RSVP. She wants a costume party (thank goodness she did not request any themes).


My Goal from now is to have fun, fun, and more fun with my little one. It's my priority to make all her desires come true. For now they are

1. visit relatives (already booked flights)
2. Visit her three nieces and only uncle in the UK which she's never met personally ( this is going to be tricky)
3. Visit Ryan and Anne-lor (her best friends from the "Rodrigues")(booked)
4. Go fishing ( i need to organise this one, I've no idea how to fish, I'll be glad to have some help here)
5. Touch snow and make angel wings. (tricky but doable)

If you have anymore fun to do ideas, please let me know.

Today after church we picked up Anahera and after lunch, we'll be going to have some fun at the escape park. We'll all be jumping on the big trampoline.

To my Seychelles friends in Australia, if there is any "Bal" you know going on over the long weekend, can you let me know. Cheers.


31st April 2013


This week has been a mixed feeling week. After last week I've been basically working on automatic mode. Adelle has had an awesome week at school. Today she read a prayer in chapel. To cut a long story short she made me miss it. Maybe she did not want me to be there, but her teacher said she did great.

Yesterday I went to her class again as parent helper and enjoyed reading "The Tree" with her and her classmates. Then Louise, her teacher had a fantastic idea, a painting made by her and myself. So we enjoyed painting  a day at the park with Hannah the teddy. Speaking of teddy, this weekend we have a special guess sleeping over at our house, Eddy the teddy who is the year 1G teddy.
This weekend is Adelle's turn to take him home. The first when we got home she introduced Eddy to Hannah and then showed him around the house. Eddy will be having great fun.

Yesterday was also the school's book fair. she got me to buy five books and had me reading all of them to her last night. I think my jaw had a good exercise after all that reading.


Healthwise she's doing fine. Except for short tempered when tired recently, there has not been any significant changes in any way this week. she's running about and just enjoying being a kid. Now we have a big bday party to take care of. any ideas of any snacks kids love, let me know..


3rd June 2013

Adelle's update 15th

This weekend was quite exciting. Saturday after tidying up the house we drove to Mandurah to Georgette's house. we went to Kmart and she chose a pink pair of boots which now she goes everywhere in. Eddy and Hannah the teddies got to help with selecting the shoes.

That night we went to a Mauritian/seychellois traditional dance night. As soon as the concert started, Adelle wanted to go close to the stage to have a better view at the girls dancing. Soon after she was among the first on the dance floor. She had the stamina to dance a number of songs before falling fast asleep on Ben's Lap.

Sunday we went shopping for the birthday party. She was so exciting choosing her stuff and putting it in the baskets. then we went to visit another Seychellois friend whom we haven't seen in over a year. She got to see Prea once again and they got to play together for  a while. Prea was a frequent visitor when we used to live in Mandurah two years ago now. It felt really nice seeing them playing together and us adult having a catch up on gossip and laughing out hard. With Lewis around its kinda hard not to.

later we went fishing. this was our first fishing trip and she enjoyed helping Ben tossing the line while Georgette and I sat on a rock and gossip. It was not long before she realised that some gentlemen close to us were catching fish and she wasn't, so started to get bored.

This afternoon she enjoyed part of the afternoon playing at Anaheras house. Kate (Anahera's mum) got her a nail polish kit and activity from her Canberra trip and they got busy painting. I'm hoping of getting a manicure from her sometime this week. lol.....


In regards to her health, she's doing fine. only thing I've noticed is that she's having trouble buckling herself up in the car since Friday night. Ben and i have been doing that for her since.
otherwise she's this lively, loud sweet little "pussy cat" i call her, with weird knock knock jokes. lol....

20th June 2013

Birthday!



After a long week of reporting and being mum I finally get a chance to send a well awaited update I’m sure

The past week has been fantastic for Adelle. Where to start…..


After the memorable, fun-filled birthday party we gave her a day off on Monday as she was looking tired.  By Tuesday she was fully recharged. Dad stayed home with her and she finished opening her other two bags of presents. When I got home that night she had lots of nice presents to show me. Even Hannah had a present, a beautiful hand made “tutu” made by Adelle’s teacher Ms Leyden.



I would call myself very fortunate to have very caring and lovely friends-colleagues who came to help out at the party. Denise, Adelle teacher took beautiful pictures, (attached) too much to upload all, haha, Kerri made delicious sausage sizzle, and my netball girls took more pictures and kept  an eye on the kids. It was a day to remember.




Tuesday, year 1G had another special day. It was midyear class costume party. They truly deserve it.  It’s amazing how much work year 1 kids get through nowadays compared to when I was in year 1. Seems like a century ago now. Adelle dressed up as a ballerina fairy princess. Absolutely gorgeous.


Wednesday was her actual birthday. She woke up to more presents. Even I had a present, cooked pasta ready to be frozen from Jocelyn, Adelle’s teacher from pre-primary last year. It was a blessing as cooking is not on my list of priority at the moment. That night we went out to dinner and we surprised her with a cake at the restaurant. The team Princess Margaret Hospital sent her a present on that day (good timing) and they were gorgeous bday candles that we put on her cake.  Back at home was another long awaited present…a scooter. All in all she had a great day.



Last weekend was another fun-filled and exciting one. This time it was Anahera’s birthday party. We had a sleep over at their house, so I could help out early in the morning. Adelle enjoyed the pony rides and the lovely Barbie cake, while I enjoyed trying on costume hats and have relaxing chat with other parents.  She got to practice using her scooter around the park which she must have done 10 laps or more cause by the time we got home she was knackered.



Health-wise she’s doing great. No obvious symptoms visible except for slurring speech when tired.  Other wise she’s all energy and excited to go to school and have fun. She even send Hannah to day care each day (teddy nook) in the mornings before leaving the house.. how cute lol.

29th June 2013

This is weeks worth of update thus quite a read


What a week for both Adelle and myself. On my side I’m just grateful all reports are completed and all lessons prepared and finalised before we start our tropical islands holiday. Woooohooooo!

Adelle had a wonderful week. Last Friday she had a sleep over with Mikala S and they played wonderfully. They both loved “gangam style” and was dancing away. In the car Adelle favourite songs are Crazy (one direction), try (pink), single ladies (beyonce) which she gets us to move between track over and over everytime she’s in the car. So this night she was showing off to Mikala that she could sing these song. We had a pizza night and the girls had a feast.


The following morning I had to cancel netball coaching and something else I was meant to do, can’t remember now as I realized that the Satudrday was my only day of doing some shopping before we leave on holiday. So Adelle and I went off to Bunbury shopping centre . It was fun time shopping with her as she got to tell me which dress she likes on me and which one to put away.



Sunday we were meant to have a family  photo shoot by Debbie, Charlee’s Mum from Adelle’s class as well as later go fishing in a boat but the weather was not our side. In regards to the latter, Kate’s husband Louis organized a fishing trip with one of his mates. I’m not sure who was more excited between Adelle and I but the weather blahhhh. We’ll try making it when we come back.


After shopping I picked Anahera up for a sleep over. The girls got down to their usual “girl thing” i.e put up a concert, “making”, and  dancing and the list goes on, it was wonderful just listening to them. on sunday I did Anahera's hair. She looks absolutely beautiful. I can open my own hairdresser I think.



Monday was a painful day for both Ben and I. Princess Margaret hospital organized a fruitful meeting with all the parties concern in caring and involved in Adelle’s health at our house. We had out school’s principle and deputy, Louise her teacher, Dr lamb our local doctor and palliative care doctor, and silverchain nurse, Liz, who will be taking care of us when/if required. Suzanne and Ranita from PMH explained the situation and what to expect and any risk management if anything where to happen at school.  Suzanne explained the situation in simple words “rather than medical” that everybody understood. Ranita gave very good ideas on communication within the community and provided a list of books that could be used.  Dr Lamb took down the list of medicine that we will travelling with and wrote a letter in case we encountered problems at the airport. All in all we will be in contact with the hospital here if anything were to happen while we’re away. But I’m optimistic nothing due the illness will happen. “mum knows these things”

On Tuesday I kept her home because she coughed all night and barely slept. That day home worked miracles as the following night not even a cough was heard and we all had a good night.

On Wednesday she went back to school. A magician paid the junior school a visit. I thought I could attend but I had a class at the time. I got a cheeky telling off from her for that. But she absolutely enjoyed the show by the amount of info I had to listen to when I collected her afterschool. I had to keep pace with the amount of tricks the funny magician did. By the sound of it, she had a wonderful time.

Thursday I was the one acting like a baby. I went for a flue shot that our school is funding for the staff. It HURTTTTT. To make matters worse I had a volleyball game that night. In the morning my arm was really sore and to top it off a colleague gave me a pat on it unaware of course. It still SORE.  However my pain was soothed with a beautiful book made by Adelle’s class for her. It’s called Adelle’s funny face friend. They all had a funny face on each page with a little letter of I like Adelle because…….  I was "aweing" at each page of how cute and kind their letters were. She asked me whether she can take in holiday to show her cousins…OFCOURSE.

Friday was a blessing for all of us. Last day of school and work, now off to packing. Yipeee. Afterschool we went to for a family photo shoot in a beautiful park that we missed the sunday. we just manage to get pics before the rain came. it was great timing. thank you so much Debbie for the great idea for our family and i look forward to look at the pics. then Ben dropped us off at Anahera's house where she gave Adelle a flight present in a folder with their pictures on it.  Later we went to Mcdonalds for dinner and Adelle told Anahera that she's going to miss her. How cute. They had a play on the playground before Kate drove us home. Thank you so much Kate for being a wonderful friend and taking care of our house while away.


I’ll keep you posted of our trip

04th July 2013

We arrived in mauritius with no problem. We had 8 hours of flight and Adelle slept most of the way, including myself. So we were both very energised by the time we landed into Mauritius. We had to stay one night in Mauritius before flying to the beautiful Rodrigues island the following morning.

It was great to see Marie, Tico, Anne- lor, Ryan and new baby Zion. These were very good friends in Australia a few months after we arrived in Australia.And i consider Marie my big sister. I am glad I made the decision of going over there. Adelle got to see Ryan who she practically grew up with and were very close.  when they got home from school i got so many cuddles, obviously he missed me and I him too. It was great to hear them playing and running about like it use to be.



We got to enjoy the beautiful beaches, fresh grilled fish (adelle helped put up the fire), biryani (my favourite) which Adelle ate all and other yummy local food. We met her relatives and had a fantastic time. the only downside was getting use with the time difference but we're good now. Tico, Marie husband spoiled us with not only fantastic dishes, but with local gifts and presents. thank you guys so much for giving us a good and relaxing time. it was a very short visit, but i enjoyed every minute.
Adelle putting up the fire 



adelle is doing great except for getting tired and having a lie down sometimes in the afternoon.



Yesterday we flew to the Seychelles and this morning she flew to France with her dad only. There she will go the holy water in Lourdes, then the snow mountain (her wish).



She's in great spirit and I'll keep you updated with her time in France as soon as I receive them.

No comments:

Post a Comment